Thursday 21 July 2016

Corruption allegations leveled against me are politically motivated - Femi Fani-Kayode FFK


Former Spokesperson of the PDP Presidential campaign and ex Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, says the N4.9 billion corruption allegations levelled against him that forced him to be in EFCC custody for over two months, were politically motivated. Speaking in an interview with Channels TV recently, Fani-Kayode said:
“I have done absolutely nothing wrong and neither have any of my co-accused. I saw this coming the day we lost the elections and it was announced that the other side had won. We all saw this coming.  
 I refused to leave the country just as I refused to leave the country in 2008 when I was accused of things then. I have absolutely no doubt that in the end of this particular exercise I will be declared innocent by the court simply because it is very obvious that this is a politically motivated allegation and all others which may come later are politically motivated” he said
The former Minister refuted claims that he collected money from former National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki to carry out campaigns for PDP during the 2015 election. According to him, the party's director of finance released money from the party's private company:
“You asked a direct question, did I receive money from any government agency for my operations within the campaign? The answer is no. Our Director of Finance sent money out to the various directors including me from our own private company account for us to run our operations. I was given only 10% of what I needed about 800 million Naira to run a campaign for three months and we utilized that money” he said.
He says he has no regret working for the Jonathan administration
"Why on earth would I regret doing that. I am not the only person that has faced charges since independence. Obasanjo faced charges. He went to prison".

No comments:

Post a Comment

help desk software