Saturday 27 August 2016

Breaking!!! Nigeria U23 Caoch, Samson Siasia set to resign


The indigenous, medal-winning Coach, Samson Siasia, has decided to dump his job owing to the despicable attitude of the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) and the ministry of sports during the games in Rio. Speaking to Newsmen in Abuja, Siasia lamented that since arriving from Rio, no staff of the ministry had contacted the team.

He stated that, “You can’t keep going to a place where they don’t appreciate you. It does not worth it. Sometimes it is not about the money but the approach. They seem not to appreciate the sacrifices. I know how much I have sacrificed since the team began camping two years ago. How can you keep
going to people who don’t appreciate you? It does not make sense, so I am done for now. I have to go somewhere else where they will appreciate what I have done and what I can do and pay me the respect that I deserve.”

The Coach was not pleased that the NFF had taken the only car that was given to him, “Even before I returned from the Olympics.

“Even before I returned from the Olympics, the only car they gave me, they took it away from my wife. That is just awesome. That is not how to treat someone who was out there seeking glory for the nation. Let them eat their national team. My next step is that I am done with Nigeria for now,” he said.

Recall that Siasia took the Under-20 team to the finals of both the 2005 U20 World Cup and the U-20 African Youth Championship. He had also won the African Youth Championship and proceeded to the world final, before losing to Argentina 2–1.

Siasia assisted Augustine Eguavoen in coaching the national team before being appointed national U-23 coach in January 2007. He took the team to the Olympics final in 2008 where he won silver, after losing to Argentina. Earlier same year, the U-23 team had defeated many teams headed for the 2008 summer Olympic games to win the inaugural Intercontinental Cup in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

help desk software