Thursday 16 July 2020

EFCC: Am I a Yahoo boy? Magu declares as he was let out of jail


Magu was let out of jail on the evening of Wednesday, July 15, 2020 after being picked up a little over a week ago and interrogated by a presidential panel probing allegations of corruption and insubordination tendered
against him by Attorney General of the Federation Abubakar Malami.

He has been specifically accused of re-looting recovered loot and assets.
He was immediately suspended, with Mohammed Umar named to replace him in an acting capacity.
After he was released from police custody, Magu said he was shocked to read the allegations levelled against him, branding them as a tissue of lies.

“The allegations are nonsense. There are mere trumped up allegations to tarnish my image and that of the EFCC. I did not steal or divert or convert funds to private use. I read the allegations and I was shocked,” The Nation quotes Magu as saying as he stepped out of police custody.
“What I have gone through is a case of dog eats dog but I see it as one of those risks of the job… we must not give up in any way.”
Magu also vowed to fight corruption till the very end, and appreciated everyone who stood by him during his detention.
“Corruption kills a nation faster than any other thing.
“I thank Nigerians for their support, they should not be discouraged. I am happy to be back, I believe the war against corruption is winnable.
“Whether I am EFCC Chairman or not, the anti-corruption war must continue,” he vowed.
Magu has also bemoaned why he has been treated like a "common criminal" for serving his nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

help desk software